Having recently made a move from the great walkable city of New York to Colorado, I wanted to maintain an active lifestyle and great walkability to restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc. So, being a bit of a tech and map geek, I developed a new website to help find restaurants, entertainment, etc. within walking distance of wherever I may be.
The website is free (LetsWalkTo.com), and it could be useful if you:
- are planning a trip and want to find a hotel that’s close to restaurants and entertainment
- just moved to a new area and want to explore what’s nearby
- are travelling in a new city and not sure where to go out
- want to get a good, long walk in on your lunch break, and want to grab a bite along the way
- are considering relocating and want to ensure you pick a walkable neighborhood
- you’re stuck in a rut and want to find something new to try
- want to see how far you could walk in a given time to get in some exercise
- want to find a place to reward yourself with a beer after your 45 minute walk J
Give it a try, and please let me know in the comments how it works for you and if you have suggestions for how to improve it.